Nanotoxicology: Progress toward Nanomedicine, Second Edition by Nancy A. Monteiro-Riviere and C. Lang Tran
English | 2014 | ISBN: 1482203871 | 514 pages | PDF | 57 MB
Since the first publication of this book in 2007, the field of nanoscience and nanomedicine continues to grow substantially. This second edition, Nanotoxicology: Progress toward Nanomedicine, enlists internationally recognized experts to document the continuing development and rationale for the safe design of engineered nanomaterials (ENM). This includes new improved characterization endpoints, screening, and detection methods for in vitro and in vivo toxicity testing. These tools also contribute greatly to nanosafety research applied to nanomedicines.
* The impacts of nanotechnology on biomedicine, including functionalization for tissue-specific targeting, the biointeractions of multifunctional nanoparticle-based therapy, and the ability to control specific physicochemical properties of nanoparticles
* The requirements for proper detection, measurement, and assessment both for workplace exposure and in consumer products-with a focus on potential health and safety implications
* Predictive modeling, using quantitative nanostructure activity relationships to predict the pharmacokinetics and biodistribution of nanomaterials in the body
* Specific methodologies, imaging, and techniques to assess nanomaterials from the manufacturing process to nanomedicine applications
* Tools for assessing nanoparticle toxicity and the limitations of detection methods for assessing toxicity in both in vivo and in vitro systems and at the single cell and tissue levels
* Toxicity of nanomaterials to specific organ systems, cell-based targeting to tumors, and other biomedical applications
* The difficulty of conducting risk assessments and the need for addressing knowledge gaps, especially with long-term studies
* A roadmap for future research
The development of nanotechnology-based products must be complemented with appropriate validated methods to assess, monitor, manage, and reduce the potential risks of ENM to human health and the environment. This volume provides a cogent survey of advances in this area by a well-respected and diverse group of international scientists.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resumming ability)
бесплатно, без смс, регистрации, на халяву, через торрент, рекомендуем прочитать отзывыо Nanotoxicology Progress toward Nanomedicine, Second Edition.