Managing Sustainability in the Hospitality and Tourism Industry: Paradigms and Directions for the Future by Vinnie Jauhari
English | 2014 | ISBN: 192689572X | 522 pages | PDF | 4 MB
This new book focuses on the important concern of sustainability in tourism and hospitality industry. As the world's natural resource base is limited, the world is looking for solutions in the domains of energy, water, alternate building materials, resource redeployment, and sustainable livelihoods as well.
The tourism and hospitality industry is a large deployer of natural and created resources.
Some of the themes the book addresses include:
* designing sustainable restaurants
* sustainable accommodation practices
* designing green hotels
* energy conservation in hotels- a Green Approach
* technology and sustainability
* marketing sustainability to consumers
* sustainable culinary practices
* sustainable employee practices
* sustainable equipment design for the hospitality industry
* sustainable tourism practices
* sustainable transport practices
* sustainable tourism destinations/cities
The book takes sustainability beyond the realms of external factors that matter to an organization. The authors look at various constituents of the hospitality sector and analyze each of those from a sustainability standpoint. The book includes case studies that are global in nature and that show how sustainable applications can be used and how concerns can be addressed. Environmental challenges are also discussed.
This book is futuristic with lot of practical insights for the students, faculty,. and practitioners. Since the contributors are from across the globe, it is fascinating to see the global benchmarks.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resumming ability)
бесплатно, без смс, регистрации, на халяву, через торрент, рекомендуем прочитать отзывыо Managing Sustainability in the Hospitality and Tourism Industry Paradigms and Directions for the Future.