Feminist Theory and Pop Culture (Teaching Gender) by Adrienne Trier-Bieniek
English | 2015 | ISBN: 9463000607, 9463000593 | 160 pages | PDF | 3,3 MB
synthesizes feminist theory with modern portrayals of gender in media culture. This comprehensive and interdisciplinary text includes an introductory chapter written by the editor as well as nine contributor chapters of original content. Included in the text:
* Historical illustration of feminist theory
* Application of feminist research methods for the study of gender
* Feminist theoretical perspectives such as the male gaze, feminist standpoint theory, Black feminist thought, queer theory, masculinity theory, theories of feminist activism and postfeminism
* Contributor chapters cover a range of topics from Western perspectives on Belly Dance classes to television shows such as GIRLS, Scandal and Orange is the New Black, as well as chapters which discuss gendered media forms like "chick lit", comic books and Western perspectives of non-Western culture in film
* Feminist theory as represented in the different waves of feminism, including a discussion of a fourth wave
* Pedagogical features
* Suggestions for further reading on topics covered
* Discussion questions for classroom use
was designed for classroom use and has been written with an eye toward engaging students in discussion. The book's polished perspective on feminist theory juxtaposes popular culture with theoretical perspectives which have served as a foundation for the study of gender. This interdisciplinary text can serve as a primary or supplemental reading in undergraduate or graduate courses which focus on gender, pop culture, feminist theory or media studies.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resumming ability)
Перед тем как скачать Feminist Theory and Pop Culture
бесплатно, без смс, регистрации, на халяву, через торрент, рекомендуем прочитать отзывыо Feminist Theory and Pop Culture.
Другие новости по теме: