Eugene Northrop, "Riddles in Math: Book of Paradoxes"
1975 | pages: 271 | ISBN: 0882752731 | PDF | 15,7 mb
The Contents list may be taken as a glimpse of its riches.
What is a Paradox?
Paradoxes for Everyone
. in Arithmetic
. in Geometry
Paradoxes of the Infinite
. in Probability
. in Logic
This may sound daunting. But Northrop has a deft turn of phrase, a gift for speaking clearly, and lots of diagrams. And he finds humour among the headaches.
His discursive discussion covers such anomalies as:
- proving that any triangle is isosceles;
- minus 1 is greater than plus 1;
- the traps of dividing by zero;
- Moebius strips that have ONE side, not two;
- the fact that there are as many even numbers as there are even-plus-odd numbers;
- Georg Cantor's astounding proofs of the countability of all the fractions, and the uncountability of all the (infinite) decimals;
. and so on.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resumming ability)
Перед тем как скачать Riddles in Math Book of Paradoxes by Eugene Northrop
бесплатно, без смс, регистрации, на халяву, через торрент, рекомендуем прочитать отзывыо Riddles in Math Book of Paradoxes by Eugene Northrop.
Другие новости по теме: